This tag is for questions about correctly using a word. The word has to be provided within the question. The question should be limited to the usage of one word. For the usage of complete phrases there is the tag phrase-usage.
Use this tag for questions that are about using a word correctly in a particular situation or context. Consider the question check list if your question fits the tag. You can also look at the example questions. If this tag doesn't fit your question have a look below at somehow related tags that might fit your question better.
- Is the question about the usage of one word or compound?
- Does the question contain the word?
- Does the question clearly describe the concern regarding the usage?
- Can “née” be used for entities other than people?
- Is “dear” commonly used to describe something that costs too much?
- Is the word “author” correct for the artist who created particular painting?
Not what you are looking for?