This tag is for questions about verbs. Verbs are words that express an action, occurrence, or a state of being. Add this tag to single-word-requests if you are looking for a verb. Add the tag word-usage if you are asking about the usage of the verb.
Use this tag for questions that are about verbs. Verbs are a class of words that typically express actions, occurrences, or states of being, such such as be, have, make, jump, think, speak, happen, trust.
Whenever possible and appropriate, it is advisable to also tag the questions in this tag with more specific tags, such as auxiliary-verbs, modal-verbs, transitive-verbs, intransitive-verbs, present-participle, past-participle
Use the question checklist to determine if your question fits the tag. You can also look at the example questions. If this tag doesn't fit your question, have a look at the related tags below; one of them might fit your question better.
- Is the question about a verb?
- Does the question contain the word?
- If not, are you specifically looking for a verb?
- If someone is electrocuted, do they have to die or can they just be injured?
- Why is “afford” always accompanied with “can”?
- How to avoid ambiguity in “I am renting an apartment in New York”?