I'm translating a text about a pallet racking system. One sentence goes like this:

Крепление стеллажей к полу осуществить через металлические подпятники с помощью химических анкеров.

Attach the racks to the floor via metallic "underheels" using chemical anchors.

I googled and these "underheels" look like the ones in the pictures below. The metallic thingies bolted to the pallet rack columns. These metallic thingies are then attached to the concrete floor using chemical anchors.

What do I call them in English? Multitran's entry for подпятник has many options, and I don't know which to pick.

enter image description here enter image description here

  • 1
    I would call them "anchors". – Hot Licks Nov 18 '17 at 13:31
  • @HotLicks - no, the sentence already mentions chemical anchors. The "underheels" are the metallic "boots" that are bolted to the rack columns. – CowperKettle Nov 18 '17 at 13:33
  • 3
    "Anchors" is what I would call them in English. The chemical is "adhesive". – Hot Licks Nov 18 '17 at 13:36
  • 3
    @HotLicks as far as I understand, by "chemical anchors" the authors mean bolts combined with adhesive chemicals. And they seem to be called chemical anchors in English.. although I only came across the term today. – CowperKettle Nov 18 '17 at 13:39
  • @HotLicks - maybe I should call the metallic pad thingies "anchor plates" to distinguish them from "chemical anchors" (bolts) – CowperKettle Nov 18 '17 at 13:41

They are called baseplates.


An upright frame has at least (2) baseplates used to anchor the pallet rack to the floor for stability. The size of the baseplate is based on seismic forces and the loads placed on the pallet rack. Engineers should check the design to make sure the proper baseplate is specified for the pallet racking.

UNARCO: Components of a Rack System


I thought it would be called a flange, but it seems that 90-degree mounting plate or mounting bracket is a better fit.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.