In English scholarly references there is an expression meaning from this page forward, but I can't remember what it is.


1 Answer 1


The Latin term you are looking for is et sequentes, or et sequentia which is abbreviated as

et seq. (et sequens), et seqq. or et sequa.: "and the words, pages, etc. that follow" (use et seqq. or et sequa. if "the following" is plural).

As Wikipedia explains

It is used when referring the reader to a passage beginning in a certain place, and continuing, e.g. "p.6 et seqq." means "page 6 and the pages that follow".

This law oriented site called Jrank shows that this phrase is not only used for pages:

The phrase et seq. is used in references made to particular pages or sections of cases, articles, regulations, or statutes to indicate that the desired information is continued on the pages or in the sections following a designated page or section, as "p. 238 et seq." or "section 43 et seq."

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.