Is there a terminology for when correct English words that are made up of other English words are incorrectly split to use the shorter words out of context?
Examples of the error I am trying to categorise:
- Today I'll wear my everyday shoes. vs. Today I'll wear my every day shoes.
- The weathermen have forecast rain. vs. The weather men have forecast rain.
- An ideal setup would be full waterproofs. vs. An ideal set up would be full water proofs.
- That would give me a headache. vs. That would give me a head ache.
- We won thanks to great teamwork. vs. We won thanks to great team work.
- Always make sure you backup your computer. vs. Always make sure you back up your computer.