I'm looking for a word, compound adjective or very short phrase that could be used to describe something, such as a parcel delivery, that is affected by an issue. What I'm looking for is supposed to sound formal or "technical". The only thing I could think of was "issue-affected" but Google showed me I had just made that up or "under issue" but the meaning of that (if it actually has any) is not what I'm looking for.

An example of use of the word would be:

Deliveries which are complete, pending or issue-affected

Thank you very much

  • 3
    Please read the tag info for single-word requests. "You must include a sample sentence demonstrating how the word would be used." In this case, I suspect that the word would actually depend on what the particular issue was; but a couple of examples would definitely help.
    – Andrew Leach
    May 10, 2016 at 10:09
  • Agree with @AndrewLeach about the need for context, but possibly "negative consequence" May 10, 2016 at 10:24

3 Answers 3


(Edited, concerning the comment)

Try supervene -

Occur as an interruption or change to an existing situation, to happen in a way that interrupts, stops, or greatly changes an existing situation

Also try influenced - having its development(procedures, tasks, etc.) , behavior or thought changed or affected

Influence - to affect or change how something or someone develops, thinks or behaves.

In your case ** Deliveries which are complete, pending or supervened. **

  • 1
    The adjective is supposed to convey that the thing is affected by an issue, without having to specify which. Thanks, anyway.
    – Gothbag
    May 10, 2016 at 11:02
  • @Gothbag have a look at it now.
    – vickyace
    May 10, 2016 at 12:13

Deliveries which are complete, pending or disputed.

Adj. 1. disputed - subject to disagreement and debate –TFD

in dispute (TFD's Legal Dictionary)

Disagreed about, in controversy. For example, This parcel of land is in dispute, claimed by several persons, or The origin of this phrase is in dispute. [Mid-1600s] –TFD

Deliveries are either complete, pending or in dispute.


How about using "indefinitely delayed"? That way you communicate that there is some issue (and hence indefinite delay) without actually specifying it.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.