I'm looking for a single word, noun or adjective, that conveys the meaning "having the power to both create and destroy" something specific. For example:
The magician seemingly had < insert word here > over rabbits, able to pull them from thin air, and equally return them to nothingness
The network administrator can both create and delete user accounts, they have < insert word here > over/on/with user accounts.
Some words that I've considered but don't quite fit are
- sovereignty (too specific to politics)
- potency (not quite right)
- omnipotence (implies non specific power)
To clear some things up in response to comments.
- the creation/destruction need not be physical.
- there's no wizardry involved. Regarding the magician, think stage performer not wizard
- the word should not be limited to power over a specific thing, e.g. sovereignty grants per to create and repeal laws, but not the power to create and destroy rabbits
- the word should be modifiable in combination with a subject to indicate a single thing or concept to which the power applies
- the word should not be too general, such as omnipotence meaning power over everything