I am looking for a specific word for referring and fetching some data from old document. e.g

"I pull out some points from my documents from last project." 

I am trying to write something like above... I know "pull out" is really wrong choice of words. Any suggestions please.

  • 1
    I retrieved some points ...
    – Joe Dark
    Nov 25, 2014 at 12:31

1 Answer 1


If you are using those old "points" specifically to support a new thesis (argument), the precise word is "adduce". Which is Latin for draw forth; or as you said, "pull out" (think of pulling arrows out of a quiver; ideas are your ammunition.)


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.