What do you call someone who can't hear or see you? As if they are deaf and blind. What is a word describing both please?


  • Too late to inquire I guess, but were you looking for a figurative expression or a noun for a person who is afflicted with both disabilities. – Mari-Lou A Jun 4 '18 at 8:22
  • Normally it's "deaf and blind" or "deaf-blind". I've never seen a single word. – Hot Licks Oct 4 '18 at 12:23

deaf-blind or deafblind. The condition can be called deafblindness.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.