What do we call a person who easily forgets directions or routes?

I googled but couldn't find any appropriate term.


3 Answers 3


Normally I just say someone (me, let's say, just hypothetically) has "a bad (terrible) sense of direction."

Apparently a more serious condition exists that causes sufferers to get lost even on common paths and turned around in their own houses. This is called developmental topographical disorientation and is described in this news feature.


The traditional phrase used is that these people have no sense of direction. But ajk's answer of "directionally challenged" is a great way to make this phrase into an adjective.


In my family, we call those people directionally challenged.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.