Looking for a word to convey the meaning that you are going to develop a technology around something.

"Technify" is something I made up that embodies the concept quite well, but it's not a real word.

Can you think of any alternatives?

  • 1
    This would benefit from a more concrete example. Presumably, the 'something' you're going to develop a technology around is not already a technological product or service. Commented Feb 25, 2021 at 12:56
  • I'm not at all sure what you mean by "develop a technology around something." When people discover or develop something, they name it and it's a particular thing. This is so abstract as to be essentially meaningless. Commented Feb 25, 2021 at 19:09

1 Answer 1


"Technify" is actually a real accepted word. In lexico.com:

technify To make technical; to adopt or cause to adopt technology or technical methods.

A synonym can be "mechanize", although it doesn't clearly refer to the process of developing a technology.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.