I love the crazy idiosyncrasies of English.
- COT - CAUGHT split
- WINE - WHINE merged
- FATHER - BOTHER split
- Why does “signature” have a “g” sound but “sign” doesn't?
- Why is 'lieutenant' pronounced with an F in British English?
- Why is the L in 'talk' silent?
- Spellings of 'utility' and 'purveyance' in Middle English
- Why is the spelling of colonel different from its pronunciation?
- Cellar door - the most beautiful English word?
- Why there are three different sounds for -ed?
- Meaning of “bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthur-nuk!”
The freedom to make my own mistakes was all I ever wanted - Mance Rayder.
Earth... I guess
Member for 1 year
2,302 profile views
Last seen 26 mins ago