This tag is for questions about punctuation. This encompasses marks such as the period/full stop, comma, dash, and parentheses, used to separate structural units and perform other roles that clarify the meaning. USE THE 'SYMBOLS' tag for currency symbols, accents and so forth.
Use this tag for questions that are about punctuation. The term is used for the marks (such as period or full stop, comma, colon, or exclamation mark) employed in written language to separate sentences and their elements, or to clarify meaning.
Punctuation does not include symbols such a dollar sign or an ampersand, nor does it include diacritics such as an acute accent, a tilde, or a cedilla.
Consider the question check list if your question fits the tag. You can also look at the example questions. If this tag doesn't fit your question have a look below at somehow related tags that might fit your question better.
- Is the question about punctuation, regarding the marks described above?
- Does the question contain the context where the punctuation is unclear?
- Does the question clearly describe the concern regarding the punctuation?
- Where does the period go when using parentheses?
- How does one correctly use a semicolon?
- Should there always be a comma after "therefore","However" etc.?
Not what you are looking for?
- Use symbols for questions about symbols that are not considered punctuation.
Tagging questions with more specific tags in addition to this tag is always encouraged. Additionally refine the tags with more specific ones from this list: comma, dash, ellipsis, exclamation-mark, hyphen, parentheses, period, question-mark & semicolon