This tag is for questions about pejorative language. Pejorative language is any language that portrays someone or something in a negative light, no matter whether it is intended to be disparaging and derogatory, contemptuous or disapproving, belittling or offensive, or even abusive. It’s anything that makes someone or something look bad.
Use this tag for questions that are about words and phrases that are pejorative. Pejorative language has the goal to portray someone or something in a bad light. This includes belittling, disparaging, derogatory, contemptuous, disapproving, abusive, and offensive language.
Consider the question check list if your question fits the tag. You can also look at the example questions. If this tag doesn't fit your question have a look below at somehow related tags that might fit your question better.
- Is the question about a pejorative word or phrase?
- OR Is the question about establishing if a word or phrase is pejorative?
- Does the question contain the word?
- Does the question clearly describe the concern?
- Derogatory word, describing person (a pupil) who memorizes instead of learning?
- Is there a word to describe someone who tends to disagree with others only to upset them?
- Has "hacker" definitely gained a negative connotation?
Not what you are looking for?