This tag is for questions about words or phrases that have multiple meanings and can thus be understood in different ways. If your question is about different words that can be easily mixed up or confused use the tag CONFUSABLES instead.
Use this tag for questions that are about words or phrases that have multiple meanings and can thus be understood in different ways.
Consider the question check list if your question fits the tag. You can also look at the example questions. If this tag doesn't fit your question have a look below at somehow related tags that might fit your question better.
- Is the question about ambiguity of a word or a short phrase?
- Does the question contain the word or phrase?
- Does the question clearly describe the concern regarding the different meanings or interpretations?
- How to avoid ambiguity in "I am renting an apartment in New York"?
- Ambiguity of "Dogs must be carried on this escalator"
- What is the name of the ambiguity in the phrase "I want to visit clubs with attractive women"?
Not what you are looking for?