I think you are looking for the word "ditto". From Merriam Webster's: ditto a thing mentioned previously or above —used to avoid repeating a word —often symbolized by inverted commas or apostrophes


This is domain-specific jargon (the domain being Information Technology), rather than standard English, and thus may not conform to the rules. Wiktionary and Quora both give regexes or regexps; while I don't find regexen unlikely, I've not actually seen/heard it used, and it would not come to mind immediately for me. (You are correct that it is an ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible