Search type Search syntax
Tags [tag]
Exact "words here"
Author user:1234
user:me (yours)
Score score:3 (3+)
score:0 (none)
Answers answers:3 (3+)
answers:0 (none)
isaccepted:yes
hasaccepted:no
inquestion:1234
Views views:250
Sections title:apples
body:"apples oranges"
URL url:"*.example.com"
Favorites infavorites:mine
infavorites:1234
Status closed:yes
duplicate:no
migrated:no
wiki:no
Types is:question
is:answer
Exclude -[tag]
-apples
For more details on advanced search visit our help page
Results tagged with Search options user 15264

This tag is for questions about morphology and syntax, the two elements of grammar. DO NOT USE THIS TAG IF YOUR QUESTION IS ABOUT WHETHER SOMETHING SPECIFIC IS GRAMMATICAL. For such cases use the 'grammaticality' tag. Also do not use this for punctuation or spelling (orthography); those are not about grammar, and they have their own tags.

16
votes
3answers
I'm reading Cory Doctorow's Eastern Standard Tribe. He keeps using a sentence construction that I have never seen before: "...my poor pineal gland has all but forgotten how to do its job without t …
asked Jul 3 '12 by alcas
0
votes
I don't find the initial sentence that awkward. But one another sometimes feels slightly more elegant than each other: A and B reacted with terror to one another's views. However, if the whole …
answered Sep 17 '12 by alcas
8
votes
I'd estimate that 90% of the percentages you'll read or hear in English don't carry a definite article. The remaining 10% are specialized cases when you want to indicate a specific, single entity that …
answered Sep 27 '12 by alcas
26
votes
. But my point was to show that real and for real are not always interchangeable. As for the grammar part of your question, I don't think for real is grammatically remarkable - there are other structures of the form "[Noun] is for [adjective]", e.g. This coffee is for free. …
answered May 16 '14 by alcas