Despite a provoking title, I am looking for a word, phrase or eloquent sentence to describe the process a male performs after taking a piss, that is, shaking off remaining pee off the tip of his penis. I apologize for being vague, and I am sure you're getting the drift.

  • Given the topic, I hope I won't get flamed for a little facetiousness. Those who have attended a British public school will know that shaking it more than twice is called masturbation >;-) – smirkingman Jan 25 '11 at 12:53
  • 7
    Any comment as to why you chose one -1 answer over a +8 one? – mplungjan Jan 26 '11 at 8:47
  • 1
    "If you shake it more than twice, you're playing with it." – Robert S. Aug 8 '11 at 15:54

Only word I have ever heard is Shake - as in the well known proverb:

No matter how you shake and dance, the last few drops go in your pants

  • 3
    +1. This has a verbatim Turkish version: "Ne kadar sallarsan salla, donuna düşer son damla". – Mehper C. Palavuzlar Jan 25 '11 at 12:45
  • 7
    German: "Da hilft kein Schütteln und kein Klopfen, immer in die Hose geht der letzte Tropfen". @Mehper. – RegDwigнt Jan 25 '11 at 13:06
  • 4
    Sigh. Men. Y'all do know there's this newfangled invention called "toilet paper", right? :D – Marthaª Mar 28 '11 at 14:46
  • 1
    "You can shake it in your hand, you can slam it on the wall. But until you get it in your pants, that last drop will not fall." – MT_Head May 22 '11 at 0:02
  • 6
    @Martha - Sigh. Women and their lack of anatomy knowledge - have a look at wikipedia male anatomy. The drop we are discussing is not wipe-able. – mplungjan May 22 '11 at 5:02

The best phrase I've heard for the process is "shaking the dew off the lily."

  • Cute. - I am sure Urban Dictionary have more, less elegant; – mplungjan May 22 '11 at 14:36

Well, I would refer to it as personal hygiene.

  • Except that anyone counting that as hygiene is seriously delusional – Grant Thomas Aug 8 '11 at 17:46

The term I grew up with (in Baltimore) nd have heard in other generations and another part of the country (Colorado) is "wean." I think "shake" is more common; I have heard it more in popular culture.


I went to a bar once where the toilets were labelled "Drip dry" and "Flip dry"...

protected by RegDwigнt May 22 '11 at 11:37

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.