I'm talking about large paperboard that school children create their projects on. They might draw or paste things on them, usually to present some sort of information. You may see them carrying them rolled up and held with a rubber band.

School project on paperboard
M's global warming poster presentation by ttcopley.

What is this called in the New York region?

  • Probably called that elsewhere in the US. Maybe Rhode Island.
    – Mitch
    Commented Jan 6, 2013 at 23:05
  • I know I call it a manila cardboard. Commented Jan 7, 2013 at 2:16
  • I think I call it 'Bristol board,' or is that the thinner stuff?
    – JAM
    Commented Jan 7, 2013 at 4:50

1 Answer 1


This would be called poster board. It may also be called a tri-fold display board.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.