I believe there is a special term for words that convey relative position but I cannot seem to remember or find what it is.

For example Sam is behind Mitch in the queue.


1 Answer 1


They are often called spatial prepositions.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.