Bark, berry, flower, herb, leaves, nuts, plant, resin, seeds, wood, etc.

These are all — what? Parts? components? elements? plant forms? divisions?

I have the sense there may be a more elegant word that nails it, especially since plant is itself in the list.

  • 1
    Parts or components of what? What is the common group they belong to? Oct 4, 2012 at 6:11
  • @AlexanderKosubek Herbs or plants, mostly. I'll clarify the question, thanks..
    – neokio
    Oct 4, 2012 at 6:12
  • @RegDwigh Brilliant revision! The distinction of hypernym/hyponym is a revelation.
    – neokio
    Oct 4, 2012 at 12:50
  • @RegDwighт Sadly, I could not offer a real hypernym, certainly not a word that includes the object plant itself.
    – Kris
    Oct 4, 2012 at 13:07

1 Answer 1


Technically, we need to refer to them as structural components of the plant.

In regular usage, they are just parts of the plant.

Both the terms are recognized and widely used in literature.

This may interest you: Plant morphology (Wikipedia)


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.