I am looking for a stronger word than "discrimination", which somehow remains ambiguous because of its multiple meanings. I am especially interested in referring to discrimination in the sense of partiality and prejudice towards certain demographic categories. The word "discrimination" could be used in combination with an adjective such as "racial", but again that would be to specific, because it would omit discrimination based on other categories such as religion, gender or culture. What I would require is a word describing the thought process by which one purposely, unfairly and hatefully excludes an entire population from courtesy and tolerance one would apply to oneself.
Bigotry (“Intolerance or prejudice, especially religious or racial; discrimination (against); the characteristic qualities of a bigot”), is a term commonly used for such a “thought process”. Also note the definitions of intolerance: “Not tolerant; close-minded about new or different ideas. indisposed to tolerate contrary opinions or beliefs; impatient of dissent or opposition; denying or refusing the right of private opinion or choice in others; inclined to persecute or suppress dissent” and prejudice: “An adverse judgement or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge of the facts” and “Any preconceived opinion or feeling, whether positive or negative” and “An irrational hostile attitude, fear or hatred towards a particular group, race or religion”.
You may also find words suggested in the following questions useful.
• What are antonyms of tolerant or synonyms of cautious,
• Reaching a conclusion before formulating an argument,
• Single word for people who are like a frog in the well,
• Is there a word for preparation with a negative connotation,
• What would you call a person who doesnt like questions being asked of them,
• Is there a name for someone who calls someone else what he himself is,
• What is a good term for someone who refuses to debate an issue ab initio.
Consider demonization. The verb demonize is defined as
to try to make someone or a group of people seem completely evil