Newspaper/news article headlines usually have different syntax rules, for example
- No copula. North Korea trip 'successful'
- Past events written in present. Qantas cancels flight out of frozen Heathrow
- Predictions written with infinitive. Britain's 'crossbow cannibal' to die in jail
- Very often not in complete sentence.
- No indefinite/definite articles. Ivory Coast Faction Squeezes UN Force
- Using a comma instead of "and". Romania, Bulgaria face delay in joining Schengen.
Why these rules and are there any other rules?