I am trying to say I always have feelings about you in a different way:

My feelings for you never __

My first thought was reduced, but it seems that reduce is for size.

(I remember hearing something similar in some movies, but I can't remember the name of it.)

What's a good word to use here?

  • 1
    Please explain the context. Are you, for example, trying to write a love letter? – Pitarou Jun 6 '12 at 0:45
  • @Pitarou no , just some random thought – daisy Jun 6 '12 at 0:48
  • Improve? Solidify? Manifest? Impact? – DJClayworth Sep 1 '15 at 5:37

Without more context, it's difficult to know, but I'd try "Faded" (means the same as "reduced") or "changed".


Here's some more

  • faltered
  • diminished
  • waned
  • wavered

I'd suggest change, and also I think it's better to use for you instead of about you:

My feelings for you never change.


It really depends on what you want, but how about "My feelings for you have not waned"? It's a bit poetic if that's what you're going for. A bit more dramatic: "My feelings for you have not died." If you want straightforward, go for Cool Elf's "change." All the other suggestions are also appropriate. I like TecBrat's "faded," too.


Either "waned" or "wavered" would work well in this situation. You could also try "varied."


I would say weakened or lost.


I like diminished, but changed seems to convey your meaning best.


subside |səbˈsīd|

become less intense, violent, or severe: I'll wait a few minutes until the storm subsides.

protected by tchrist Sep 1 '15 at 5:17

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.