What is the name of the "chain" that can be found near club's entry?

e.g. http://www.vegasvipservices.com/nightclubs/bank/club-the-bank-entrance.jpg


Those are referred to as velvet ropes. Each pole is a type of stanchion:

Stanchions are used for many different purposes including crowd control & waiting lines. Many different places use stanchions including banks, restaurants, trade shows and many different other events.

  • 1
    For some reason, I like your answer better than I like @Lucas’s question. :) I think it’s the stanchion that sold me. – tchrist Jun 1 '12 at 0:12
  • According to this site that sells the stuff (at the bottom) they refer to the ropes as "stanchion rope" or "post rope" – Jim Jun 1 '12 at 1:28

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.