I'm looking for a word to describe a system that filters certain gases from a space and 'exhales' them outside. What verb can be used to describe that action?

  • 1
    Like a hot gas filtration system? What kind of gases? In medicine, there are anesthetic gas scavenging systems. Can you provide a little more context? – JLG May 5 '12 at 17:39
  • As JLG says, without more specifications it is difficult to answer to this question. – user19148 May 5 '12 at 18:05

I think you are looking for the word exhaust.

expel (gas or steam) from or into a particular place.

Exhaust systems are typically part of car engines, but can also be found on stoves or other gas-producing systems.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.