How should an official document containing information about exams passed by a person in previous years be called? Are there any differences between "Archival record" and "Archive reference" in the context of this purpose?


An official document in such a case would be called a record. A reference can be any document or other artifact to which one refer as a source of information. The difference is the "official" nature of the document. One can use an official record as a reference in writing a book, say, but a reference does not have to be an official record of something.


A question from Ukraine. If I want to get a document from official archive with a signature of the archive about my previous job.( This isformation is kept in the archive. They don' give me a copy of the document, they just print a document, comfirming that I did workwd in a sertain organization (the information os based on the archvival document Thanks


  • Hi, Victoria, how does this post answer the question? You have a few typos (sertain, os, a period before Thanks) and what's A question from Ukraine have to do with the answer? Can you edit your post? – user140086 Feb 25 '16 at 13:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.