As in the movie Hunger: http://youtu.be/tprMKFaTRPk (first 30 seconds). Does the punishment that comprises being passed through a line of armed men to be beaten, have a name?

  • Though for this particular example it doesn't work particularly well, onelook usually finds words from descriptions pretty well.
    – Mitch
    Apr 2, 2012 at 2:25
  • 1
    I couldn't help but picture a certain scene from the movie "Flying High" when I read your question... Apr 2, 2012 at 3:55

1 Answer 1


It's called running the gantlet/gauntlet.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.