I'm wondering what native English speakers call a person (man or woman) who is attracted to a no-make-up look and dislikes it when people wear a high amount of makeup.

I can think of no-makeup lover or not into makeup. But is there a specific word being used?

  • Comments have been moved to chat; please do not continue the discussion here. Before posting a comment below this one, please review the purposes of comments. Comments that do not request clarification or suggest improvements usually belong as an answer, on English Language & Usage Meta, or in English Language & Usage Chat. Comments continuing discussion may be removed.
    – tchrist
    Oct 7 at 19:02
  • 1
    I've never heard a specific word for this.
    – Barmar
    Oct 7 at 22:31
  • I don't believe there is a single word. A native speaker could explain like "attracted to natural beauty" but natural beauty is not just about a face without make-up; so it is not really an answer. Cosmetiphobia was used by a very few people on the net but it appears to be used with the meaning "fear of applying make-up".
    – ermanen
    Oct 8 at 8:01
  • Are you sure that's cosmetiphobia and not cosmetophobia? Oct 8 at 8:27
  • Similarly, is there a word for someone who is only attracted to someone wearing makeup? Is there one in your language?
    – Mari-Lou A
    Oct 8 at 8:46


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.