I am looking for the name of the division area between the torso muscles and the leg muscles. In a photo of muscular men, you literally see a V-shaped division where the stomach muscles reach down to the groin while on either side of those stomach muscles the quadriceps cover the hips. Is there a name for this division between the muscle groups?

  • If no doctor has an answer, the answer is that there probably isn't one.
    – Greybeard
    Apr 8, 2023 at 23:48
  • 1
    Have you asked on medicalsciences.stackexchange.com?
    – nnnnnn
    Apr 9, 2023 at 0:12
  • 1
    I’m voting to close this question because it's not a question about the English language. Jun 4, 2023 at 20:55

1 Answer 1


It's called the v-line:

The V-shape or line is located where the obliques meet the transversus abdominis muscles. This line can be a physical display of hard work in the gym and discipline in the kitchen. To develop V-cut abs, target your lower abs and obliques. — Healthline

See also What is the V-line on a guy's body?, where user CarpetDenim provided this graphic:

  • Also known as the Adonis belt, like a "U" with a flange on each side. Apr 9, 2023 at 1:28
  • Thank you for all this info! I took this info and searched the internet with these names and found all the info I was looking for.
    – BTF
    Apr 9, 2023 at 2:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.