I am looking for a word. The context may seem technical, but it's really not, and you don't need any technical knowledge to understand the idea/context.
I am developing a business application, and in this application, there is a feature that lets one user "take over" another user's account to take actions on behalf of his name.
This is a useful feature that allows work to get done even when an employee is not at work/not available to work.
Example Use Case:
John got a sick report, and he is expected to electronically sign a document in the application. So, John authorizes another user in the system (his friend, Max) to take care of his responsibilities while he is away. Then, Max is able to perform various work activities in John's name. It's almost as if John passed his username and password to Max (except he didn't actually). Max is logged in to his own user account, and he is able to take actions in John's name because John has authorized Max for it. This is the feature of my application, and I'm looking for a word to describe this feature.
My Own Research: There are similar situations in law, where a person is given authority to represent someone else in court, etc. Although my application is not related to law in any way, I believe these words might work for my case. Some candidate words I was able to find are;
- Mandate: An authority to act given by one party to another
- Proxy/Proxyship: A term denoting either a person who is authorized to stand in place of another, or the legal instrument by which the authority is conferred.
- Power of Attorney: The authority to act for another person in specified or all legal or financial matters.
Question; Do you think any of these three words would be appropriate for me to use in my application? Or would you suggest any other word? Any help is appreciated.
Sample popup messages/UI texts demonstrating how the word will be used in the application:
- Grant Proxy
- Proxy granter must be specified
- Proxy holder must be specified
- Documents Processed by Proxy on My Behalf
- Documents I Processed as Proxy on Someone Else's Behalf
Note regarding these samples:* Currently I'm using the word "proxy", and these are just some random button texts/popup messages/menu headers I picked to hopefully give you an idea.