I want an adjective for an object for something that exists in a duration of time and not just in an instant or forever. Does such a word exist?

  • 2
    Since you've tagged this as a single word request, you should include a sample sentence demonstrating how the word would be used. Jun 11 at 20:39
  • What did your research show? Are you looking for an adjective or a noun or a gerund or what?
    – tchrist
    Jun 11 at 21:31

1 Answer 1


Transient or transitory, as opposed to ephemeral and eternal.

adjective formal
US /ˈtræn.zi.ənt/ UK /ˈtræn.zi.ənt/
lasting for only a short time; temporary:
A glass of whiskey has only a transient warming effect.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.