I have heard this word somewhere but am unsure how to spell it.

He had a certain level of mastery of his pottery skills, he completed all his work with remarkable finash/feenash/phinash/phines

It might not be the best example of the usage of the word. But I have looked up online and the wordweb dictionary to no use. It's not 'finish'. It sounded like fee-na-sh.

Any idea? Or am I misunderstood and there isn't such a word?

  • 2
    "Panache", maybe?
    – The Photon
    Commented May 26, 2022 at 4:01
  • Maybe finesse?
    – Jim
    Commented May 26, 2022 at 5:16
  • 1
    @jim I agree wholeheartedly. I was going to give that as an answer.
    – BoldBen
    Commented May 26, 2022 at 6:49

1 Answer 1


The word you are looking for is probably finesse.

When referring to something creative or artistic, it means great skill and delicacy - getting all the 'fine' details right.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.