What is a word for "services not provided" or "Goods paid for not delivered"? For example: The "scam" is a word for a dishonest scheme. The word "fraud" is a word for wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Similarly I was wondering if there is any legal or technical term for not getting what you paid for. A scenario for this would be you always buy from Amazon.com, but this time you paid for a product but it was never delivered, Or you left you car at the carwash for a day but it was returned to you without being washed even though you paid them.

Thanks, Again.

1 Answer 1


It's a "failure to deliver" which, according to this page is a serious "breach of contract". Breach of contract can be more minor but any legal action for failure to deliver would, I think, be taken under breach of contract legislation.

  • If you can prove intent, it can be fraud. Commented Dec 3, 2021 at 17:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.