The example used in my firm is just called "loan return" (when someone gets payed back on their loan) but I was wondering if there is a single-word replacement for "loan return". Also a sub question I have is it more correct to say "single word" or "single-word"

  • 2
    Since you've tagged this as a single word request, you should include a sample sentence demonstrating how the word would be used. You should also only have just one question. Oct 25, 2021 at 12:38
  • "single word" vs "single-word" depends on how you're using the phrase. A "single-word replacement" is a replacement that is a single word. A single word replacement is a word replacement that is single (it could be a phrase).
    – xiota
    Oct 25, 2021 at 13:13
  • 1
    Are you looking for "reimbursement"? Oct 25, 2021 at 14:37

1 Answer 1


Repayment refers to a single payment on a loan; if you're talking about the loan being paid off entirely, then the phrase paid in full or paid off is customary.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.