I'm working on a paper and have to compare two groups (in percentage) who either do or do not do particular activities. I don't want to use the same structure again and again throughout the text. Are the following sentences easy to understand? Thank you.
In the case of daily reports, A% of participants are required to write reports on a daily basis, while B% of the staff provide no information.
From a gender point of view, 60% of men (vs. 40%) and 70% of women (vs. 30%) do this particular activity.
Is the second one suggesting that 60% of men do the activity and the other 40% don't? I have to do this for a couple of times in the rest of the paper. Any suggestion for other possible structures is greatly appreciated.