Some persons are interested in everything, they want to know everything, want to have knowledge in everything. they can't just sit calmly without having a question in their mind? What do you call those persons?

  • polymath, noun, a person of wide-ranging knowledge or learning: Commented Jul 18, 2021 at 1:10

1 Answer 1


Persons who not only want to know about everything but who, to a certain extent, do know about everything, are called universalists.

(Dictionary com) universalist [ yoo-nuh-vur-suh-list ] noun
1.a person characterized by universalism, as in knowledge, interests, or activities.

(Dictionary com) universalism [ yoo-nuh-vur-suh-liz-uhm ] noun
2. a universal range of knowledge, interests, or activities.

Such people can also be called omniscients.

(Dictionary com) omniscient [ om-nish-uhnt ]

  1. adj. - having complete or unlimited knowledge, awareness, or understanding; perceiving all things.
  2. noun - an omniscient being.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.