I'm trying to describe the wrinkles between one's pair of eyebrows that the person's unconsciously making. Here are what I've come up with:

He's making wrinkles between his eyebrows.

He's frowning through his eyebrows.

He's frowning with his eyebrows.

I've never used any of these lines before so I don't know which of them is natural to native speakers or if any of them convey the meaning I'm trying to express. Note that the person isn't really "frowning" and the only noticeable thing on his face is the wrinkles between his eyebrows.


2 Answers 2


If specifically referring to the wrinkles themselves, you could use the word, "furrow," as a verb.



  1. make a rut, groove, or trail in (the ground or the surface of something). "gorges furrowing the deep-sea floor"
  2. (with reference to the forehead or face) mark or be marked with lines or wrinkles caused by frowning, anxiety, or concentration. "a look of concern furrowed his brow"



He puckered his eyebrows.

: to draw or cause to draw up into folds or wrinkles

Merriam Webster

This is possible but the Ngram shows it is not much used.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.