Definition of the " leave" :to make or allow sb/sth to remain in a particular condition, place, etc.
- Leave the window open. (verb + object+ adjective)
- I Left the headlights on. ( verb + object + preposition)
- Don't leave the water running. (verb + object + verb-ing)
- He left the children to sleep in class. ( verb + object + to-infinitive)
- The hurricane left hundreds of tourists stranded at the airport. (verb + object +?)
Example 1 to 4 can be found in Oxford English Dictionary, Cambridge Dictionary or Collins Dictionary, yet Example 5 doesn't appear in these dictionary. Is "stranded" a past participle or an adjective?