I found, from my search, that epistolary is an adjective which could refer to the writing of letters. But is there noun of this to call someone who writes letters?

  • 1
    You could call such a person epistoler. – user405662 Mar 24 at 6:23
  • 1
    @user405662 I was wondering if there was a derivative word from epistolary but was unsure, thank you! Could you make this an answer? – Jake Ireland Mar 24 at 6:24

You could call such a person an epistoler.

epistoler, literary: A letter-writer; = epistler


Epistolist is another word for a letter-writer.

Someone who writes epistles


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.