I seem to always change my aesthetic, or at least fit into most aesthetics and adapt to them easily. This mainly affects my fashion and choice of wallpaper customization.

For example, I'd be into a more edgy grunge aesthetic for a month, and suddenly I'm into soft aesthetics the next month. I'm wondering if there's a term for someone who does this specifically or at least does something similar to this. Answers are appreciated!

  • 1
    What does "up" mean here?
    – Henry
    Commented Jan 20, 2021 at 9:17
  • Are you looking for dilettante? Commented Jan 20, 2021 at 18:56

2 Answers 2


This could be called [aesthetic] dynamism and the person displaying this characteristic, dynamic.

Characterized by continuous change, activity, or progress: a dynamic housing market.

[American Heritage Dictionary]


I would call such a person versatile:

Able to adapt or be adapted to many different functions or activities; liable to unpredictable variation(WordHippo)


He was one of the most versatile of Roman poets, who wrote love poems, elegies, and satirical epigrams with equal success.

Dictionary.com defines it as

capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.:

  • e.g. a versatile writer.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.