The usual flow of electronic communication is added to at Christmas by many written notes and greetings hand-written in haste, among which are mistakes. “Xmas Peas and Love” comes to mind.

We term such slips typos when in printed or electronic form, a shortened form of

typographical error

Merriam Webster

Other than the long phrase slip of the pen, do we have a similar short term for a hand-written error?

  • 1
    This might help you.
    – wimi
    Dec 23 '20 at 8:50
  • Thanks to those who pointed me at earlier posts. Lapsus is a rather high register term but will do quite nicely.
    – Anton
    Dec 23 '20 at 10:00