Like, a word or term for the resultant state of a man who has been completely charmed by a woman and brought under her control, or even a term for the act wherein a woman renders a man in such a state. Is there anything at all?


4 Answers 4


There are many words or phrases that have overtones of being dominated rather than charmed but I can only suggest three that have a more positive feeling of being delightfully charmed:


from bewitch = to attract or interest someone a lot so that you have the power to influence them

Cambridge dictionary


from captivate = to hold the attention of someone by being extremely interesting, exciting, charming, or attractive

Cambridge dictionary

enchanted = made to feel delightfully pleased or charmed; placed under or as if under a magic spell

Merriam Webster

Of these three I like captivated because it lacks the connotations of magic that sometimes accompany enchanted or bewitched

The woman enchants, bewitches or captivates.


A vamp is a

a woman who uses her charm or wiles to seduce and exploit men. (Websters)

"Vamped", may well describe what you're looking for.


I'd say "he has become his wife's puppet". Not specific for the situation described in the OP, a puppet refers to "anyone whose behavior is determined by the will of others". TFD


  • He has become "a meek" or "submissive husband".
  • meek - easily imposed on; submissive.

Some more positive words could be:

  • wooed
  • enamored
  • swept off his feet

Others with some negative undertones:

  • sugaring
  • 1
    Neither of the first two is specifically about a man who has been charmed by a woman. Nov 26, 2020 at 6:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.