I am doing a research paper for Robert Frost and Emily Dickinson. I do not know the term to use if I'm trying to talk about someone who studied the poems they made before they died. Can anyone help me find a term closest to this or a definition to help me?

  • 1
    One could speak of someone as a student of Frost or Dickinson. Nov 16, 2020 at 0:05

1 Answer 1


Literary critic.

A term for poetic studies specifically does not exist to the best of my knowledge.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.