I need help to find the term for this definition:

"The type of work is flexible and one position can be held by two people".

Would you kindly help me with this term?

  • 4
    Where I work the announcements for such roles say "suitable for job-sharing". Sep 28, 2020 at 7:02
  • I suppose you could say that such a role is 'shareable'. Sep 28, 2020 at 9:29

1 Answer 1


One type of such a position is described by Jobshare

= “a situation where the duties and the pay of one job are divided between two people who work at different times during the day or week”

Cambridge dictionary

Some flexibility (of timetabling, duties and responsibilities) is often implicit in such a shared position.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.