Someone wrote to me. I'm writing him back. I want to say, in formal speech, that I'm glad that he wrote to me. How do I do that? I guess I can just say "I'm glad to hear from you" but maybe you could suggest a more elegant expression.

  • 1
    As an aside, the way your title is constructed would require contentment rather than 'content', though that would still sound rather contrived.
    – Benjol
    Nov 24, 2010 at 5:59
  • Thanks! Would you suggest a more appropriate word? Nov 24, 2010 at 8:25

1 Answer 1

  • I am glad to receive your letter.
  • I was happy to read your letter.
  • Thank you for your kind/informative/helpful letter.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.