How can I possibly call a person whose job is to train (not teach!) people to speak English. It's like Question-Answer, Question-Answer. They don't teach grammar, vocab, reading, writing. They only get people talking. I've been googling it for ages but nothing fits. Speaking trainer - usually refers to public speaking trainers, English speaking trainer - refers to trainers who speak English, Talking trainer - it's like for budgies... I guess, I'm not quite correct with my search inquiry. Thank you.

  • 2
    This would be a "coach".
    – Hot Licks
    Jun 17 '20 at 17:15
  • 1
    Sometimes "mentor" although the role can be broader. Jun 17 '20 at 17:20
  • An English Speaking Coach? Is that ok? I'm afraid that "coach" is too general. Jun 17 '20 at 17:20
  • 1
    What’s wrong with language trainer or English language trainer?
    – Jim
    Jun 19 '20 at 22:45
  • 1
    Google, "English Conversation Coach" and see if that fits?
    – tblue
    Nov 16 '20 at 20:22

Try “language exchange” or “conversation partner.”

For what it’s worth, there are lots of websites and apps out there for this exact purpose, like https://www.hellotalk.com

Good luck!

  • @Bitterdreggs. Thanks for the welcome. Can you explain why you downvote me? I answered the question with two possibilities, and never recommend a job. I thought it would be helpful to provide an example of a site that offers this service. Jun 18 '20 at 19:00
  • 1
    @Bitterdreggs.Thanks for the reply. Is my answer not self-contained? The link is just an example of an app that offers this service. I will update to try to make this even clearer. Jun 19 '20 at 19:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.