This is an acronym referring to

psychological/therapeutic/social work/educational


My Google research yields jack.

I assume R might stand for "registered" but I wouldn't bet on it.

It is one of those acronyms you can find after a name of an author/therapist. See here LINK for an example.

Any ideas appreciated.

  • Repetitive strain disorder. Or reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome Jun 11, 2020 at 16:55
  • The psychology clue in the link yields "rejection sensitive dysphoria" but RSD is the person's qualification, being after the name. The doctor advises about autism so perhaps Rxxx Spectrum Disorders. Jun 11, 2020 at 17:00

2 Answers 2


The degree of Religious Studies Doctorate can be abbreviated RSD.

Your sample specialist with this degree showed the RSD degree in her LinkedIn profile under Emerson Theological Institute in California.

  • This might be it... or not ;) Thanks for the hint. Will definitely have to check that. Jun 12, 2020 at 6:17
  • Yes, THAT is it. Confirmed. Jun 12, 2020 at 9:50

See AcronymFinder for 78 verified meanings of RSD. If you like, continue on to AcronymAttic.com for 242 unverified meanings.
One of them (perhaps the one in the OP) is
Rehabilitation Science Doctorate

  • "Rehabilitation"... Haven't thought about that. Interesting. Thank you. Another one worth checking. Jun 12, 2020 at 6:18

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.