I want to give name to a column where values will be "full-time studies" or "part-time studies". How should I name the column?

  • I’m voting to close this question because choosing names for software elements is specifically out of site scope according to our help center.
    – tchrist
    Jun 9, 2020 at 12:44
  • 1
    @tchrist - "software element" is just an example. I am asking how is that correctly called in English, which looks like more in scope here than somewhere else.
    – ZygD
    Jun 9, 2020 at 13:56

1 Answer 1


Enrollment Status would be a good choice.

From Purdue Global:

Enrollment Status and Definition of an Academic Year

Your enrollment status can impact financial aid eligibility.

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs may have different definitions for full-time and part-time status. You should consult the University's Certifying Official if you are receiving veterans benefits.


An academic year consists of three terms of instruction, during which a full-time student will complete at least 36 credit hours. Thus, enrollment status is defined as:

Full-time: 12 credit hours per term
Three-quarter-time: 9 credit hours per term
Half-time: 6 credit hours per term

From the US Department of Education:

Enrollment Status

Reported by the school the student attended, indicates whether the student is (or was) full-time, three-quarter time, half-time, less than half-time, withdrawn, graduated, etc.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.