I'm currently searching for the right term for someone who

  • Organizes or
  • Promotes

Parties, "Clubbings", Events or similar.

I understand that there's a difference between someone who promotes a party and someone who makes the organization, but maybe there's some common word as the vast majority of those people are one person companies.

  • 1
    A promoter is often responsible for both promotion and organisation, especially for small events.
    – z7sg Ѫ
    Jan 3, 2012 at 11:58
  • @z7sg +1 Then it should be an answer instead (can't find it there)?
    – kaiser
    Jan 3, 2012 at 12:21

4 Answers 4


I would suggest an event organiser.

  • 1
    haha did I really type "organisater" :D ? Jan 2, 2012 at 15:13
  • Where's the difference between "Organiser" and "Organizer" - en_UK en_US?
    – kaiser
    Jan 2, 2012 at 18:07
  • 2
    z in US s in UK Jan 2, 2012 at 18:34

Possibly 'party planner' - that would seem to fit.

  • 1
    In the UK, I think it's usually 'party planners', which is borne out by Google search (9m+). But the same search suggests that 'event planner' might be more common in the US (26m+) Jan 2, 2012 at 20:35

There is a famous movie titled the The Wedding Planner but that term is obviously specific to weddings. In a more general sense, the activity itself is known as event planning, and the term you are looking for would be event planner.

Here is a link with some event planning resources.


Event planner is the term that I usually hear although I've also heard event organizer. And I used to work with event planners.

  • True: event planner is a common term too. Jan 5, 2012 at 16:42

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.